Mindfulness based money coaching
The Emotion of Money
Limiting beliefs around Money
Much of our thoughts, emotions and behaviours around money are driven by our subconscious beliefs. This means that we are not normally consciously aware why we think or feel a particular way about money related situations. These subconscious beliefs are often limiting or negative in nature ,and we habitually react to them, creating actions around money that are often not beneficial for us or our families in the long run.
The actions we take often reinforce the limiting beliefs so we are then caught in a negative cycle of behaviours. To make it worse we also judge or criticize ourselves for our actions, thoughts and emotions.
Mindfulness and Money
- Bringing awareness to thoughts and developing a different relationship with them to decrease anxiety, stress and overwhelm around money and money related decisions.
- Bringing awareness to emotions to decrease anxiety, stress and overwhelm around money and money related decisions. This is done through developing a different relationship with the emotions so you can respond to the situation in a beneficial way instead of reacting to it.
- Assisting in the process of developing beneficial beliefs around money.
- Developing financial goals aligned to your values from a grounded present place instead of from fear and anxiety.
- Redefining how you see wealth and bringing awareness to the various areas of wealth you have in your life.
- Understanding the impact that your earnings, spending and savings have on your ability to create and maintain wealth.
- Implementing mindful spending habits which are aligned to what you need instead of emotionally driven wants.
- Taking responsibility and control around our money decisions through mindful learning and understanding what your options are around investing and debt management.
- Creating tools and habits to bring more ease, joy and abundance to your relationship with money.
Gavin has been involved with the technical/strategic side of money for a long time through the various degrees and courses he has studied, working in the financial industry and as a Chartered Accountant.
From what he has seen on the conventional transnational side not much focus gets put on the clients relationship with money and the related stress and anxiety around money.
As a mindfulness based coach and qualified psychotherapist Gavin has also had the ability to gain an understanding of how and why we behave the way we do around money. He has acquired the tools to assist clients emotionally and mentally to have more ease around money.
In your money coaching sessions Gavin he will assist you to use mindfulness to become aware of and develop a new relationship with your thoughts and emotions around money. This will allow you to more effectively manage the stress and anxiety over money related issues and decisions. There will also be a focus on your limiting money related beliefs and how those are impacting you. Gavin also assists clients to determine their financial goals, monitor their spending habits and develop and maintain a positive relationship with money.
Note around financial advice