Empower to Shine provides mindfulness training to organisations and individuals through workshops, tailored training, coaching and counselling, money coaching and mindful nature walks.
Gavin is a mindfulness based coach/trainer, money coach, psychotherapist and Chartered Accountant. He holds a Masters in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy, Diploma of Financial Planning, Bachelor of Business Science (Honours) and has passed all the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations.
In the last 15 years Gavin embarked on a personal self-development journey that was sparked by an interest in meditation, mindfulness and how the mind works. He is passionate about mindfulness and meditation and has used them daily in his life for an extended period of time utilising a variety of different approaches and skills. He has done numerous meditation and mindfulness based retreats and workshops all over the world including three 10 day insight meditation retreats.He has extensive knowledge, understanding and training in mindfulness both formally and through working with mindfulness teachers and supervisors.
Gavin is an associate of Mindfulness Works Australia which is one of the leading mindfulness training organisations in Australia.
Gavin has been a Chartered Accountant since 2001 and has a broad range of experience in various industries. He has held numerous roles at a manager and senior manager level. He has personally applied mindfulness in the workplace and experienced its many benefits. He thus has practical experience of how mindfulness can be used in the workplace for building resilience to stress, more effective focused attention and emotional regulation.
Gavin provides coaching and psychotherapy to assist people with relationship issues, anxiety, stress and depression. In addition, he assists clients in gaining more clarity and confidence with various life issues, workplace issues or in managing change in their lives.
Combining his various skills Gavin also does money coaching for individuals on using mindfulness to become aware of limiting money related beliefs and to effectively manage stress / anxiety over money related issues and decisions. He also assist clients to determine their financial goals, monitor their spending habits and develop and maintain a positive relationship with money.
Gavin has a passion for sharing the benefits of mindfulness with others through facilitating mindfulness in nature walks where participants are gently guided to connect through their senses into the peace and tranquility of nature.
In addition, Gavin has an interest in neuroscience and quantum physics and how these can be applied to daily living. He has the ability to apply his wide skill base to facilitate strategic, embodied and empowered change. He brings present awareness, compassion and empathic support into his interactions with others.
Gavin's qualifications in addition to the substantial amount of time he has spent doing his own mindfulness practice and supervision, research, self-development, reading and meditation retreats are as follows:
- Masters in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy (2014) – Jansen Newman Institute
- Diploma of Financial Planning (2016) - Kaplan Professional
- Statement of Attainment as telephone counsellor (2012) - LifeLine Australia
- Advanced Psych-K Facilitator (2009)
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling and Psychotherapy (2008) – Jansen Newman Institute
- Completed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations Level 1 (2000), Level 2 (2001), Level 3 (2003) - The Association for Investment Management and Research
- Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (1998) - University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Bachelor of Business Science (Honours) in the special field of Business Finance (1997)- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand. Membership number – 300786
Call Gavin today on 0415 065 261
Or email: email@example.com